Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Edmund[_2_] Edmund[_2_] is offline

Default Some People Haven't a Clue

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 22:14:07 +0000, Dick Pierce wrote:

Scott wrote:
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:41:41 PM UTC-8, Dick Pierce wrote:
Scott wrote:
"The Nyquist theorem (which is mathematically proven) says
that the exact waveform can be reproduced if the original signal is
frequency limited to less than half the sampling frequency."
The quote you supplied does NOT say that "digital is perfect."

In effect it does.

To you. It does not to me. It simply, to me, states that when the
nyquist criteria is met, and that means the signal must be limited to
less than half the sampling rate, samplig does NOT lose any information
needed to reproduce an exact replica of the signal meeting the
criterion.

So if I offer you an analog signal, limited to 40kHz you can sample that
at 80 kHz and 4 bit, you can recreate the input signal exactly?
Well, would you like to prove that?

Edmund