Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] nabob33@hotmail.com is offline

Default Some People Haven't a Clue

On Sunday, February 10, 2013 4:37:52 PM UTC-5, Scott wrote:

I just read Fremer's overview of the box set. So I don't think it was
him. He got the facts right for starters
"Clearly the engineers feel that digitizing analog at high sampling
and bit rates is essentially transparent to the source or they might
not have done it. And once they had the music captured at 192/24 bit
they also felt down-converting it to 44.1/24 wouldn't diminish the
sonic quality."

Pity you missed the very next sentence:

"Here I definitely differ with the producers!"

Fremer has long held that vinyl offers higher resolution than CD. He hasn't changed, and he will never get it right.

bob