Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
John Williamson[_2_] John Williamson[_2_] is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

m wrote:
David Looser wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

After all, the Right side is the right side...

You mean the French side

and German and...

The story goes that it was Napoleon who imposed driving on the right
(or more accurately in those pre-motor vehicle days passing oncoming
traffic on the right) onto a continent that up until then had mostly
still followed the old Roman rule of passing on the left.

The good news is that most of the major car manufacturers have
figured out to make cars of either format on the same production
line, etc.

Yes, its not a big deal. Although I have never driven across a land
border between left and right passing countries myself (its hard to
drive across the English Channel!) I have watched traffic crossing
the border between Thailand (drives on the left) and Burma (drives on
the right). It all seemed to work very smoothly.

David.

Except for the entrance to The Savoy Hotel in The Strand which is the
only place in UK (as far as I know) where traffic enters on the right of
the entrance road (so that the nice doorman can open the side door to
let the customer out)

And so that the passengers and driver don't have to stretch across the
cab to exchange payment.

It took an Act of Parliament to make it so.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.