Posted to rec.audio.car
Tom[_4_] Tom[_4_] is offline

Default Max. size of USB flash-drive for car decks?

flak_monkey wrote in
:

That would be best suited for decks like the JVC KD AVX33 that have
rear usb. Make sure your dash isn't in the sunlight, that heat will
cook a hard drive. Or at least shorten it's life. This is what I'll be
doing, like you, with the portable drive. I am going to cushion it and
put it under the seat, run the cable under the carpet, and see how long
it lasts. That is, when I get the aforementioned JVC.

I picked rear USB on purpose also. I like to cover up my stereo and a thumb
drive sticking out wouldn't work. Unplugging it each time is more of a
hassle than people might think, plus you lose the last-played position
(maybe not on all decks). A good hiding spot is under the dash near a fuse-
box that already has a removable panel in front of it. Avoid getting road
dust on the connection and you're good.

Tom