Noizman

Look for a "solid spruce top" guitar. This is what separates the better
sounding acoustics from the crappy ones. Martin and Taylor make some
inexpensive models with solid tops. Cost wise you should look at
something like an Epiphone or Washburn.

Dave

nooob wrote:

I used to have a D-1, will get one soon,

just looking for something that will track well (non-live use) but
inspiring to play. (the brilliance and bass/treble of these are
GREAT), so am looking for something that is cheap as I will spend the
$$ on the DM in the next month or so...

What would be a good cheap guitar? The reason I say recording is
sometimes cheap can have defects as not being loud enough, but since
I'll be recording, I thought I would give it a shot.

Thanks for the advice..