Posted to rec.audio.pro
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default Where Can We Register Our Complaints About Loudening Existing CDs?

On Feb 17, 7:32*am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 2/16/2012 7:24 PM, Trevor wrote:

Good luck trying to get a refund at any record store in Australia. Can you
really do that in the USA? Have you actually done it?

That's tough, just like returning software. But you can
simply stop buying CDs. You probably don't need a trial
listen to tell what you aren't going to like. When was the
last time you bought a commercial CD of a big name artist
that sounded good to your ears?

Just say no.

of audio." - John Watkinson

http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com- useful and
interesting audio stuff

And not everyone out there has Audacity or ProTools to load stuff into
and look for signs of muddling either!

I borrowed http://www.bizrate.com/rock-pop-music/1193525.html from a
friend and was actually VERY impressed with the sound! - until I
ripped a few tracks into Audacity.

The loudest swells on "Captain Jack" and "Piano Man" were all squared
off, and the loudest portions of the softer sections were "extended"
to match the heights of those crescendos. BOY WAS I EASILY FOOLED!

-CC