Posted to rec.audio.pro
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default Where Can We Register Our Complaints About Loudening Existing CDs?

I have for the last week borrowed several dozen CDs from the local
library and am dismayed to find that even many 1980s era first-gen CDs
of musicians from WW2 up to that point have had some loudness
processing(compression, remastering, remixing) done to them. The only
way to hear this stuff properly is if you still have the same albums
on vinyl!

It's very simple to see: For Example - Rip your favorite classic rock
artist - Yes, Bob Seger, etc, as a WAV or MP3, and load that rip into
Audacity or ProTools. If you see squared off sections of that
waveform(where the loudest portions of the song seem to 'flatten out',
that means something has been done to it.

Who do we write to, the record labels, the owners/copyright holders of
the works?