ScotFraser

Default Neumann KM84

I heard the KM-85 was a fave for accoustic guitar.. seems good to me.

So I hear. And I've sold a couple of KM 85s to people who used them for
that application and seemed to like them very much. I never tried using
them for music myself; I only ever used them for speech pickup.

First time I saw them was in WJHU (Now WYPR), public radio here in
baltimore.

The roll off in the 85 capsule was, I believe, intended to provide a cardioid
response without the proximity effect. They always sounded thin to me. They
tend to sell cheaper than the 84 on the used market.

Scott Fraser