Sean S

Default Neumann KM84

(Fill X) laid this on me:
I don't know from 'accurate'... it's not what I do. I have found
the Gefell 295 and the T.H.E. KP-6M to be my current favorites for
acoustic guitars... but for all I know we're looking for very
different results when recording acoustic guitars.

Ah, a pet peeve of mine. I rarely hear a recording of an acoustic
guitar anymore where you hear whole instrumen;, rattles, strings
and body etc. The glossy high end sheen with the body rolled out of
it has been really dominant on records for many years and I can't
stand it. What's worse is that many guitar makers are trying to
build more toward that sound, using thin tops thatsound good right
out of the box and buckle if you play them hard.

I miss acoustic guitars sounds like the ones on "Beggars Banquet"
or even "The times they are a changin' ", but I guess that kind of
sound is another thing that's "Unacceptable" these days.

P h i l i p

Funny you say that, just the other day, me and a buddy were
sitting around listening to "Ooh La La" by the Faces, and we were
commenting on how they would never record the acoustic guitar like that
today. Too bad, I agree with you, I think it sounds cooler than the
high-sheen, ultra-bright acoustic guitar sounds so predominant now. But
what so I know?

Sean