Uncle Russ

Default Neumann KM84

Hi, Scott.

I have a pair of new 184s in perfect condition. Ben and I used them on my
recent album. I'd love to test them against your 140s. I've been reading
these comments for quite some time and it would be most interesting to add
some really substantial input.

Oh, and I'm sure Ben would like to participate, too. He thinks very highly
of you.

"Uncle Russ" Reinberg

"ScotFraser" wrote in message
The KM 184 was introduced
five years after the KM 140 and matches it completely in terms of sound
and specifications, except for the "interchangeable / separable active
capsule" feature of the KM 100 series which the KM 180 mikes don't have.

Let's settle this once & for all. Somebody in LA with KM184s (Ben?) should

come
over here & put them up next to a pair of my KM140s, plugged into

identical
channels of Focusrite pre & we'll listen & see if there is any discernible
difference. I've only used 184s in PA situations & not had my 140s along

compare. Can we do this, somebody?

Scott Fraser