John Atkinson

Default sound card recommendation

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"dave weil" wrote in message

He didn't address you in any dismissive way like you did to him.

Sure he did. One word: "Wrong".

I didn't use that word, Mr. Krueger. I said that your statement that the
link to Stereophile's review of the CardDeluxe was not working was
"incorrect." I said this because, to the best of my knowledge, there were
no interruptions of service and the link was working both when I checked
it first thing this morning and the last time I acessed the review, which
was over the weekend.

I felt it important to reasure those wanting to access Stereophile's
on-line archives that the link was working.

If there's any anger in the two posts, it seems to have come from your
end.

I can come up with a hundred ways that Atkinson could have treated the
matter more factually and provoked zero heat.

My posting was about as dispassionate as it was possible to make it, Mr.
Krueger. Yes, my single word "incorrect" was on the blunt side, but it
was not intended to belittle you.

Nailing shallow-thinking bozos like Atkinson on the grounds of claimed
omniscience is so easy that it has almost stopped being fun.

And, as usual, the obligatory parting insult is thrown my way :-)

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile