dave weil

Default sound card recommendation

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:04:58 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:13:51 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
om...

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

BTW, I notice that this Card Deluxe review site is down...
www.stereophile.com/showarchives.cgi?280

Incorrect. The link works fine; the review is on-line as usual.

Atkinson again shows that he thinks he's omniscient. He obviously can't
comprehend the idea that a link would be down at one time, and restored

at
another.

You don't seem to acknowledge that it could have been a problem on
your end.

Or someplace along the way...

Fair enough.

For the record I sucessfully visited the site
maybe an hour later. At the time I wrote the post I had no idea of the full
domain or total duration of the problem, but I wanted to prepare people for
the possibility that the link might be down when they tried it.

That's fair as well.

I seem to remember you saying the same thing about *my*
connection when I claimed that a link was down on *your* site.

That's quite a different thing than saying that the report was incorrect.
Your report was correct, but the problem was obviously someplace between
your site and my web site as I checked and knew that my site was
continuously up during that time.

I'd bet money that Atkinson never personally checked his site's web logs
before he made his angry little post.

Here's the deal. You see it as an angry little post, but it seemed a
rather disspasionate reporting that there wasn't a problem with the
link. He didn't address you in any dismissive way like you did to him.
He simply said that your report was incorrect and that there wasn't a
problem with the link. He didn't make a personal ad hominem comment
about you at all as you did toward him. If there's any anger in the
two posts, it seems to have come from your end.

I'd bet that he lacks the interest
and/or ability to do so. But I could be wrong about this.

I wouldn't know one way or another. But I think it's just as likely
that the first thing he might do as an interested party is to have
checked the link to make sure that something hadn't gotten corrupted.