Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Default Car alarm installers rant

Matt Ion wrote:
Need to enclose the car in a force-field!

No ****. One of my police officer friends told me how sophisticated the
thieves were regarding the LS1 thefts in the state. He then went on to
tell me how the thieves have tow trucks in the New Orleans area, and
seem as though they are towing vehicles for legitimate reasons.
Uniforms, papers, you name it.

Although I can't stop someone from stealing my car, I want to make the
******* work to take mine! I already have a super stealth car alarm
install planned where the brain won't be where a thief would expect it
to be (unless he feels like disassembling the interior of the car) and I
am thinking of going with a non-traditional method to prevent the
vehicle from running, in addition to the starter interrupt! The only
downside to this is I easily see my install taking close to 16 hours due
to the re-routing of the wires and the not so standard location of the
brain. No shop around here would take on that monumental task, plus it
wouldn't be worth the labor they would charge anyhow!