Posted to rec.audio.tech
TimPerry

Default Speaker troubles

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks guys for all your help. I looked for lose connections and there
didn't seem to be any. But when I opened up the speaker case and looked
around I saw that were that where the negative wire is soldered onto
the speaker it seemed to be burnt (there are black and brown marks
around it). Do you think that this is the source of the problem?

sometimes a maker will put markings on soldered connections that will easily
indicate if the unit has been tampered with and thus violate warranty.

look for loose connections, loose parts on the crossovers, cracked PC
boards.