Mike Rivers

In article writes:

OTOH, if you were looking for a *solid-state* recorder,
the Marantz PMD-660 appears to be popular. I almost
bought one except for the reported problems with noisy
mic preamps.

The report is that this problem has been found and fixed. Old stock
units are being modified if you have one and send it in, and new
production units doesn't have the problem.

How do you know if the one you buy today is a new or old one? The
usual - you try it, and if it has the problem and you're not astute
enough to figure it out, then it doesn't have the problem.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )