Steve Urbach

On Sat, 14 May 2005 22:11:45 -0400, (Barry Mann) wrote:

In , on 05/14/05
at 03:41 AM, Steve Urbach said:

I found bad utility pole insulators that were messing up my TV picture

How long did it take the power utility to own the problem? My father
had that problem. It took me months to convince him to walk the block
with his radio. After he identified the poles, the utility dragged its
heals for another few months until my dad organized a neighborhood
"call-in". Eventually, they brought around their special diagnostic
van, scanned the neighborhood, then replaced most of the insulators on
the block.

About 2 years to FIX. The excuse was "We will be renovating the
distribution in your area". Our area was a weird 1000V grid and could
not be cross connected int other neighborhoods that had the more
standard 1200V grid.
They replaced everything on the pole and power outages became rare.
, _
, | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
, | )erek No JUNK in my email please
, ____|_/ragonsclaw

, / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped?
http://www.grid.org