- - Bill - -

Richard Steinfeld wrote:

And, let's get real. eBay can, of course, have one special
non-networked computer in the corner of a room in Salt Lake City
just for looking at floppies that customers send in. They can use
the same antivirus software that I do.

In other words, their policy is just so much bureaucratic BS.

Richard

Of course all of that is true. But when a corporate entity is dealing
with 100 million potential complainers they do tend to adopt a rather
rigid methodology to expedite their work. We always hear the complaints
of "there's nobody to send a direct complaint to or call on the phone".
That too is very true and I don't know what the solution would be
other than more outrageous listing fees and a bureaucracy that still
couldn't deliver any better results.
In spite of this, the rarely posted phone numbers and remedies for
outright criminal abuse still seem to often bring resolution within a
few hours which is nothing short of amazing. I don't hardly expect them
to snap the whip on the ass of some random recalcitrant seller/buyer
whining about unmentioned scratches although I'm sure we all wish that
they would or could.

-BM