Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default 50 kHz Soundstream Files

Sean B wrote:
The CD booklet claims that the sample rate conversion is performed by a Studer SFC-16.

That would be the smart way to do it and MUCH better than going through
an analogue generation like the older Telarc stuff.

I don't know how tight or accurate the filters on the Studer are... no doubt
modern SRC could be much better than anything done in hardware back then...
but it's going to be a whole lot better than any A/D or D/A at the time and
pretty much blameless.

Hmm... looking it up... and I do actually have a manual for the Studer D19...
it looks like the SFC16 card was really just a couple AD1890 chips and some
glue logic. The AD1890 has been bettered by quite a bit today, but it was
inoffensive and never a problem.

So likely you have something about as good as you're going to get from that
master.