£ Î Z @ R Ð

Default Recommend a ~$400 2-channel tube mic-preamp?

Yes, I know it's a matter of opinion, but the last place I'd consider
using tubes is a mike preamp, where noise is a principal
consideration. Instead, warm it up in some sort of line level device
where the signal/noise ratio isn't so important.

admittedly I am a newbie, I like tubes in my guitar amps, and so I thought
they'd go well in a mic preamp. I'm not married to the idea.

I am recording with a Yammy AW4416. I am unimpressed with their preamps --
too clinical for my taste. I'd like a good warm preamp to make up for it..

--
*·.¸_¸.·'¨¨)
¸.·'

Go to http://www.guestroomproject.com/ to
hear some music from my upcoming solo album,
the Guestroom Project. I play all the instruments.

"normanstrong" wrote in message

"£ Î Z @ R Ð" wrote in message
Anyone have a good recommendation for a warm, tube, 2-channel mic

preamp for
around four hundred clams?

Yes, I know it's a matter of opinion, but the last place I'd consider
using tubes is a mike preamp, where noise is a principal
consideration. Instead, warm it up in some sort of line level device
where the signal/noise ratio isn't so important.

Norm Strong