Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default DIY interconnects.

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:29:26 +1100, "Mr.T" MrT@home wrote:

. I bought a pack of RCA-RCA leads a short while ago
for $5 (made in China and on special admittedly) that were truly amazing
quality (metal plugs not moulded plastic, heavy core cable with braided
shields, and fully repairable if ever necessary) compared with the outright
junk provided with most audio devices, which most people are happy to use.
And I've certainly seen my share of faults with those, even in domestic
installations.

But wouldn't you agree that, pending physical failure, the moulded
junk gets the signal through just as well as anything else? And, in a
static system, they generally don't fail?