Posted to rec.audio.pro
Erwan Mirabeau Erwan Mirabeau is offline

Default Help on Sony DMX R100 problem

Le mardi 30 décembre 2014 23:28:19 UTC+1, Scott Dorsey a écritÂ*:
Rui Fingers wrote:
Hi there!
Sorry disturbing your peace with this, but we're really in trouble with our=
Sony DMX R100.
Today, for the first time, I have this problem:
When I start it, instead of booting normaly, it shows this error:
"Unable to open system iniatialization file: input/output error."
Does anyone know what this mean?
I don=B4t know if it's a operating system error or anything else
I don't even know what OS are used by this desk. I think it's windows based=
, old windows, maybe 95 or 98, but i'm not sure.

It is not Windows-based, it runs a realtime Unix-like system called QNX on the
host computer, but then the QNX boot process runs the DMX host application
which then downline-loads software into all the other processors on the
machine.

My suspicion is that your flash memory has become corrupted and you need to
reinstall the operating system and the software.

Are you seeing the normal QNX load where you get the black screen with all
the boot stuff going by, or does it not even get that far?

I don't have any system disks or application setup since it was a second ha=
nd buying.
I just had downloaded some updates from "https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.=
com/sony-software.aspx", and that's all I have.

Well, you're going to have to get them, and you might also have to get
a new set of flash. I'd try first just reinstalling off the install
floppies that should have come with the machine. You may have to buy a
new set from Sony. Sony's professional and broadcast people are actually
very good at support. Do not confuse them with the consumer products bozos.

I don't know if our DMX have version 1 or 2. I know that if it's a version=
1, it could not read ms-dos formatted floppy disks, but I think ours can.