Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rui Fingers Rui Fingers is offline

Default Help on Sony DMX R100 problem

On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 10:02:51 PM UTC, Rui Fingers wrote:
Hi there!
Sorry disturbing your peace with this, but we're really in trouble with our Sony DMX R100.
Today, for the first time, I have this problem:
When I start it, instead of booting normaly, it shows this error:
"Unable to open system iniatialization file: input/output error."
Does anyone know what this mean?
I donīt know if it's a operating system error or anything else
I don't even know what OS are used by this desk. I think it's windows based, old windows, maybe 95 or 98, but i'm not sure.
Can someone help me with this?
I can acess the system bios.
I don't have any system disks or application setup since it was a second hand buying.
I just had downloaded some updates from "https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/sony-software.aspx", and that's all I have.
I don't know if our DMX have version 1 or 2. I know that if it's a version 1, it could not read ms-dos formatted floppy disks, but I think ours can..
I know this one here can read 1.44 floppys, and as far as I remember it have software version 1.xx, not version 2.23.
I'm using this desk from about 4 years to now and never had any trouble with her..
It's was working perfectly one day and on the other it starts with that message and that's it.....end of session...
Thanks in advance for any help.
Best regards!
Fisgix

Hi Scott!!
Thanks a lot for your precious tips!!
I think you're right, I should have to reinstall the system software and the software. The boot sequence runs well until this message appears. I set the Bios to run the diagnostic at start up and all went fine through memory test and the processor ID (by the way,it's a cyrix) but then it show the damn message and that's it. I would try to contact the sony support for the system and software disks.
Thanks a lot for your concern!!