Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default TC VoiceLive 2 or Eventide H3000 for vocal?

Keoki wrote:
On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:41:56 AM UTC+11, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Is Precision Electronics on King St. still in business? Call them up and
ask them who they'd recommend for small board rework. They used to be a=

=20
Weller and Pace dealer.

There is a Precision Radio at 1160 King St. that sounds like the place.

Yes, they are an electronics parts supplier. They sell to all the folks
doing repair work in the state (and actually in a lot of the central
Pacific). They are the place to go when you need a 6DJ8 tube or a soldering
iron.

Check with the ohmmeter and see.

Are we talking continuity check between the pads that should not be connect=
ed per the upgrade instructions?

And continuity check between the pads that ARE supposed to be connected.
You could have a solder bridge, then again you could have a cold joint.
The ohmmeter will tell you for sure.

Are you sure it's the same pad?

It's hard to tell through the 3x loupe what I'm looking at between the brok=
en, brightly reflecting solder resist crystals, the brightly reflecting boa=
rd material and the brightly reflecting metal line. Everything reflects bri=
ghtly here but yours truly. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I severed that line =
because even the neighboring pad began to move. Surprised they didn't ask f=
or a hole to be dug for a hand crank too to make the chip upgrade more conv=
oluted.

You overheated the board and lifted a pad. Now everything related to that
is going to have to come off the board, the lifted bit replaced with a piece
of hookup wire, and the whole thing put back together. It has just gone from
a relatively easy job with proper tools to a much more time-consuming and
difficult job.