Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Jack[_10_] Jack[_10_] is offline

Default SACD recommendation

On Dec 16, 12:07=A0pm, "Ed Presson" wrote:
My Sony SCD-C2000ES SACD changer has decided to read only SACDs, and balk=

on CDs (skips, stops dead, or won't read at all). =A0It looks like I can =

ship
it off to Sony for repair for a minimum fee of $119 (goes up if there is
abuse or moisture damage), or I can start looking for a replacement.

The Oppo BDP-95 seems like a well-built option-it's gotten good reviews.
Does anyone have experience using the BDP-95 as a CD/SACD player in a
standard stereo system? =A0Is the user-interface clumsy without a video
screen? =A0Are there more attractive options?

I'd appreciate your comments and advice.

Ed Presson

I have an Oppo BDP83SE, it functions splendidly as a music CD player
and as a photo CD ROM reader and plays DVDs splendidly upscaling them
To HD TV.