"What you don't seem to be willing to do, is to look at whether your
standards of proof have themselves defined a limited paradigm."

Of course we don't need to do so because one doesn't have to reinvent the
wheel, it has long ago been established in research using humans that
avoiding knowledge of what difference is being tested is to avoid
distorted results.

I understand that. Sighted listening doesn't control for extra-sonic
factors. I simply think that when do choose a method for controlling
these factors, you may be failing to control for other factors;
specifically the subject's use of their attention.

Mike

In the issue at hand, to avoid knowing which bit of
audio gear is active in listening alone tests to establish if a
difference, any difference, for any plausible reason, using whatever
audible criteria one chooses, can be shown to rise above the level of
chance. The only "limited" being knowledge, all other factors being open
ended, this is the benchmark of the state of the art at present, results
to the contrary invited.