What he "allowed", a loaded choice of terms, or not can be best answered
by him. Ido recall that he always expressed that time was never a
constraint if someone thought it would improve results. As I recall in at
least one example the old yamaha and new pass labs amp test had no such
limits and repeat testing was done on different days, no difference in the
owner's system in his hifi store using his music choices. 1 100 even
100000 subjective anecdotal reports doesn't a valid test make, the entire
foundation upon which the subjective enterprise rests.

"Tom says, as best I can recall, that he had one listener that he
allowed to take a long time. But he's never (to the best of my
recall) ever outlined that or any other test in enough detail to give
a vivid picture of what actually transpired.

"One Swallow does not a Summer make". Remember? Nor does one
anecdote."