Harry Lavo

wrote in message ...
"In turn, if I am right, this may explain why Arny, Tom Nousaine,
etc.who favor the use of predigested, short-snippets of musical sound
bites, are even more inclined to find "no difference" in equipment
that audiophiles generally think sound different when reproducing
music. And the substitutability of white noise,
well........"

They can speak for themselves but I recall they have only confirmed what
psychoacoustics has demonstrated best provides the context by which to do
listening alone testing. Many rely on cliks etc. because of the higher
potential for them to reveal things that "normal" and expected sounds only
obscure. When using music the things revealed by them are not percieved.
It is the unatural, not the natural as based on one's experience that gets
the brain to ignor the familiar and hear what is not otherwise obvious to
it. In any case, listening as long as one wants has always been the
standard offer for one wanting to test audio gear for proported
difference and tom reports people doing same without any difference in
results, nothing.

Tom says, as best I can recall, that he had one listener that he allowed to
take a long time. But he's never (to the best of my recall) ever outlined
that or any other test in enough detail to give a vivid picture of what
actually transpired.

"One Swallow does not a Summer make". Remember? Nor does one anecdote.