Mr. Tawny the talking tiger

And it's only a tard like you, Mr. McCarty who ignores the market.
Retailers use to be able to get what they got, because they could. Orion
and other similar publications were and still are trying to ignore the
entities like Fleabay, audiogon, and what the heck, RAM. I've told you
this before, I worked in retail consumer electronics and MI for the better
part of 11 years. I've contributed to the Orion (actually my store did but
I often prepared the report) and I wondered who it was getting these great
deals. All I could figure was a lot of junkies with really nice gear needed
a fix, BAAAD. But then I noticed year after year I saw companies like
Gruhn, Soundlab, Guitar Center or Sound Well trying to buy at those
artificially low prices (they helped create, being among the biggest
contributors) and consistently trying to sell above the high retail "because
they can". Yeah real service to the customer. I have watched, LITERALLY at
the Sound Well a Mac 240 come in they paid the then (1993) princely sum of
$125.00, because "nobody wants that old tube stuff anymore". They never
tested it, just plugged it in, it lit up and they put it out with a $499.00
price tag. It sold with haggling for $475.00 out the door 2 days later.
That is still how many used retailers operate. No refunds or exchanges
either. Ken at least offers a refund if the equipment isn't as described.

Unlike the brick and mortar stores of the past, if someone does a poor job
at fleabay, the feedback reflects it quickly. I sell a fair amount at
fleabay (seller id ticklesyourfancy), and I have over 300 unique feedback
(almost 500 total) and NO negative. Although I have only sold a few select
audio pieces there, I have always gotten higher prices because my reputation
warrants it. Caveat Emptor? Hardly, nowadays people bend over backwards to
accommodate buyers. Because if they don't someone else certainly will.
This is the market now for used gear. Stores have started to move out of
used equipment because the gear doesn't get the super high dollars it use
to, you aren't seeing a double or triple keystone (100% to 200% profit).
Nowadays a store is lucky to get an "A" mark (50%), and online acceptable
profit margins average 25% to 35%. And damn it, people expect service for
the buck.

As far as fair use, again you is an ass Mr. M. Fair Use implies you quote
the whole statement, not your interpretation, and give a reference.