nilepez

Default why are salesmen such idiots?

thelizman wrote:[color=blue]
*ec wrote:

You are a complete idiot and NG flamer. I cannot believe you can't

FACT: You can't do math - CDA = 176.4 kb/s PCM @ 44.1 khz. MP3 o
the
same quality is 113 kb/s MP3 @ 44.0 khz. CD Audio is loss
compression
too. MP3 is simply a more efficient compression algorithm.
*

Ok, maybe I missed the change in the standard, but I would have swor
that CDA was roughly 1400kbs, not 176.4

And although I guess you may be referring to 176.4KBS, that still beg
the question what are you referring to in your MP3 example? 113kbs, o
904kbs.

Finally, the Redbook standard is not a lossy compression algorithm. I
you think that it is, then you do not understand the term.

Losseless Compression: compress file, decompress file. Compar
original file to decompressed file and you find they're identical.

Lossy: Compress, decompress and compare them and you'll have
different files.

If you want to start with a live recording to do this, then start wit
decompressing....of course there is not decompressing for CDA, becaus
it's a recording of what it got from the DAC.

Note, I'm not arguing whether or not you could get a better recordin
if you went directly to MP3. I simply don't have the information t
say one way or the other
-
nilepe
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17659