ludovic mirabel

Default Why do the anti-ABX folks not deliver?

(Bob Marcus) wrote in message ...
(ludovic mirabel) wrote in message t.net...
(Bob Marcus) wrote in message news:wIq4b.315866$Ho3.44773@sccrnsc03...

If you looked more broadly, and considered what sound is and how the
ear detects sounds (including, of course, musical sounds), you'd
realize that whatever comparison method you use, it will be easier to
hear certain kinds of differences--including particularly FR and
level--with pink noise than with music. Pink noise works better in
sighted as well as blind tests, in A-B comparisons, in anything. It
would even work better in your left-right test--if that test worked at
all.

bob

Thank you for taking me along with you on this guided tour of
audiology, "musical sounds" and related topics. You do provide a lucid
commentary to Mr.Jjnunes technicalities.
In the future when going shopping for an amp I will no longer burden
myself with Maria Callas recording to find out if the component
renders her high C as a screech, or a Perahia Mozart disk to find out
if his pedal notes change the system into a boom-box or an Oistrakh
violin into a crow-screech. I'll just play a gorgeous pink noise track
and relax.

I guess you missed the part where I said, "certain kinds of differences."

bob

Sorry: requote:
it will be easier to hear certain kinds of differences--including
particularly FR and level--with pink noise than with music.

That's it or does "certain" conceal further surprises to bring
out as required? If that's it, then ABX "test" with the ideal pink
noise does not help with timbre, transients, harmonics, microphone
induced distortion ie. everything that could make Callas screech,
Perahia boom etc.etc.
A perfect test for a "they all sound the same as the Citizen
integrated"
result. Or will you now move 180 degrees and ask for music?
Ludovic Mirabel