Audio Guy

Default Why do the anti-ABX folks not deliver?

In article myM3b.297598$Ho3.42122@sccrnsc03,
(ludovic mirabel) writes:
wrote in message
ludovic mirabel wrote:

The original argument though was about what kind of noise
should one use when listening for differences between components. It
appears that ABX works better with pink noise and works miserably
when
music is used as a signal.

Your operative word is 'appears'. Yes, it can appear that way. And
if
people still used that way of thinking to the exclusion of other
evidence,
the Dark Ages would never have ended.

Sorry- I'm confused. You mean ABX DOESN'T work better with pink
noise? After all the local authorities eg. Nousaine and Krueger
explained to me that was the reason why Greenhill's cable test
subjects who did brilliantly with pink noise failed with music. I'm
getting dizzy. Its awful to be a survivor of U.K. Med. Research Ccil
Dark Ages of DBT research only to have to face the RAHE real science.

Yes you are confused. Pink noise works better for any comparison of
audio equipment due to masking as has been explained over and over to
you. As to your expertise in science matters, did you play hooky the
day that they taught that one needs to be trained in a specific
discipline in order to be able to make any useful judgments on the
validity of procedures in that discipline? It seems so. And you keep
insisting that only DBTs in medical research are the only valid uses.
What about psychology, another science without objective measures of
correctness? Are those scientists no practicing "real science"
either?

What you are doing is like endlessly pondering the question that if
one
puts their hand near a fire and it causes pain, is it the fire or your
hand that produces the pain? You simply refuse to consider evidence
that
contradicts your immediate personal impressions on this issue and to
hell
with understanding what is really going on.

A beatiful and a very apt analogy.

Glad you think so, it really describes your approach to this
discussion very well.

Carry on if that makes you happy. I've got other things I'd rather
do.

You mean no one left to ease my passage from the Dark Ages to
modernity?

No, it seems you have no desire to move on.