Stewart Pinkerton

Default Why do the anti-ABX folks not deliver?

On 22 Aug 2003 16:05:58 GMT, (Nousaine) wrote:

Not that I'm suggesting anything irregular about Stewart's methods. I'm just
saying that he's the ONLY one who has ever reported these results with this
type of device.

I'm not sure that's true, as I'd certainly expect to find easily
measurable differences in the amps that *did* sound different.

And given the results it seems unusual that he didn't verify the usual
conditions that produce similar results.

I have already explained (several times) that I didn't care at that
time *why* the rejects were rejected, I was simply trying to find a
good amplifier to buy.

Given equal weighting those results are still two dozen to 1 and haven't been
replicated.

Note also that I agree with your basic principle that all competent
amps sound the same below clipping.