Posted to rec.audio.tech
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default DRM ****ING ME OFF!!

I ripped some songs from a CD into MP3 Format Sound.

Simple enough.

My collection is organized chronologically because prettymuch that's
how I deal with life - through time.

Therefore, my songs' file names usually include the decade and other
info that I right-click on Properties to change in the mp3 file
itself. A typical file name might be, "1980s - Jump" (for the monster
Van Halen hit of that era). Other properties are not so visible, such
as the option to put in a "Subtitle". When I sort the folder of mp3s
by subtitle, they will sort by Cover#. IE: Bob Dylan's "Knocking On
Heavens Door" and Guns & Roses' are both subtitled "Cover01". "Now
That We Found Love", by both third wirld and Heavy D, are "Cover02",
and so on.

So what is my problem, you ask?

The INFORMATION I'M ADDING/EDITING IN PROPERTIES IS NOT STICKING,
DAMMIT ALL!!!

I'm noticing that after a few days/weeks/months, mp3s from various
sources are reverting to their download or rippeed Filenames, making
it harder to sort via my mp3 player or windows folders when DJing from
my PC.

Is this the effect of "Digital Rights Managment", and, what can I do
to prevent this bull**** from happening??

-ChrisCoaster