Posted to rec.audio.car
Pious Audio

Default Phoenix Gold at it's end?

MOSFET wrote:
Oh, rats. Are we done?

This was fun. Oh well, good luck in your business venture. Remember, the
glass is always half-full.

MOSFET

Yeah, I had created a really good response to your second-to-last post,
but then I accidentally erased it, and didn't feel like retyping
everything. I will give a quick outline:

1) Judging art: Of course it can be done. Art is judged on many
levels, and only amatures would attempt to say that art cannot be
defined or judged.

2) All cars are different: We're talking about entry-level, pre-built,
systems. You're talking about perfection. Home theater in a box is
never the "perfect" home entertainment solution, but it is almost
always a "good enough" solution. What I'm saying is that car audio
doesn't have a "good enough" solution.

3) It will happen: The best opportunities in business always exist in
an environment in which the old guard says "that will never work". The
question isn't whether it will happen, but how. Will the manufacturers
handle it on their own terms? Will retailers put together their own
packages? Will Wal Mart start demanding bundles at deep discounts?
There is no question that somebody will take on this project, if only
because there aren't that many marketing channels left. If "car stereo
system in a box" isn't the next wave, then what is?