George Jones IV

No... you need to realize that in the Linux groups no one gives a good god
damn what you or anyone else thinks about Windows.

If the subject of recording with LINUX had never been discussed in
rec.audio.pro, I wouldn't have made a post like this. Apparently, someone
from these linux groups thought it would be a subject relevant to both sets
of groups (it's quite relevant).

These groups are for discussing linux.

Discussing Ardour, Audacity, etc and their installs, issues and whatnot
would be proper for posting in linux newsgroups as well as rec.audio.pro.
These are, after all, LINUX apps (duh).

Keep your audio recording crap in the audio recording group... and keep
your wintroll crap out of the linux groups.

I'm not a wintroll. I use Linux, preach it, have tried to convert IT
management to it. My last contract (ended last month) was working for
PatchLink as a Unix QA Engineer working with RHEL 2.1-4 (among other unix
variants). I would hardly qualify as a wintroll even though I use XP and
2000 on my primary desktops at home. I just use the OS that the tools I need
to use exist on. For Audio I use Reason, Cubase, FL Studio, Reaktor,
SoundForge, and a number of other apps and plugins that don't exist under
Linux. However, my servers will never see a day of operation with a Win32
server OS ever; they run Linux. I have 2 Linux desktops that I use for
various tasks along with my servers. I also have a Sun SS20 and an SGI Indy
R5000-150. I have more machines here running *nix than Win32.