Scott Dorsey

Default question

nick wrote:
I am currently an electrical engineering student in college and I am
interested in audio and want to design speakers sometime. I am
looking for grad schools that have programs for something like this,
but I am not sure if I am looking in the right places. Would speaker
design be considered more of audio engineering, acoustical
engineering, or something else? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

All of the above.

You can talk to Marshall Leach at Georgia Tech, as well as Dr. Patronis
in the Physics department there. You can also talk to the guys up in
Canada; because of Floyd Toole there are a number of excellent programs
in speaker design up there.

You can also pick up the AES Loudspeaker Compendium, look through the papers
and see what colleges the authors are from.

Don't go to the Kanagawa Institute.