Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron Capik Ron Capik is offline

Default Of talk radio and copy rights

Ty Ford wrote:

...snip..
Sort of a non sequitur:
I don't know about Dave's situation but the subject reminded me
of another question: who owns the rights of a broadcast call-in show's
dialog?

Years ago I did a bunch of call-in stuff as the New Jersey
Editorial Minstrel. I recorded the stuff off the air. I'm wondering
who has copy rights in such situations?

Ron Capik

Were you an employee of anyone during that time? If so, was your minstrel
act part of your work?

Regards,

Ty Ford

My day job was research, the call-in stuff was totally freelance (political
parodies)
no pay or contract involved. Most were phoned in because they involved current
hot topics, a few were mailed in. I was encouraged to call and even developed
a bit of a following, and some of the bit even got repeat air play.
'twas part of my 15 minutes of fame. G
[Yes, I know parody has lots of legal gray areas that further complicate things.]

Later...

Ron Capik