Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Of talk radio and copy rights

"Ron Capik" wrote ...
Sort of a non sequitur:
I don't know about Dave's situation but the subject reminded me
of another question: who owns the rights of a broadcast call-in show's
dialog?

Years ago I did a bunch of call-in stuff as the New Jersey
Editorial Minstrel. I recorded the stuff off the air. I'm wondering
who has copy rights in such situations?

Were you just a regular caller from the public,
or did you have some sort or arrangement (or
even contract?) with the show?

If you had any kind of arrangement with the show,
and especially if you received any compensation,
they could make a good case for owning the rights.

But if you were just a regular caller, and especially
is the show no longer exists, seems questionable that
anyone would dispute your ownership??

Of course real legal advice would come from an
attorney whom you were paying for counsel.