Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron Capik Ron Capik is offline

Default Of talk radio and copy rights

Dave Morrison wrote:

I recording and editing a small project for a client (narration) that will
require some short musical cues between sections. I have found some
appropriate music in Final Cut Pro's Soundtrack Pro loop library. Does
anybody know if I can legally use these musical cues in a commercial
product?

dave

Sort of a non sequitur:
I don't know about Dave's situation but the subject reminded me
of another question: who owns the rights of a broadcast call-in show's
dialog?

Years ago I did a bunch of call-in stuff as the New Jersey
Editorial Minstrel. I recorded the stuff off the air. I'm wondering
who has copy rights in such situations?

Later...

Ron Capik