Posted to rec.audio.opinion,aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.pro
Scott Fraser Scott Fraser is offline

Default America has a great new concert hall

If I looked down 7th Ave (away from Central Park, Lincoln Center,
etc,
toward the Broadway theater area), would the sky there been filled with
the WTC towers?

No. They were further east. I can tell you from personal experience
that had you stood in the middle of 7th Ave in Midtown looking downtown
on September 11th, one could not directly see the smoke plumes, nor,
later the dust cloud. There was a darkness at the end of the island,
just a general haze, but there are too many tall buildings closer in to
have a clear view that far downtown.

Just trying to get my bearings. I had such a
wonderful NYC trip, but time didn't allow for a "Ground Zero" visit,
regrettably.

Well, it will be a long time before anything gets built there, so you
can check again in the future. It's moving.

Scott Fraser