Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W Phil W is offline

Default DJ software with specific options?

"JBI" :

I have a series of songs that I want to feed into a DJ program for auto
fading, add any compression or EQ, and then save the resulting as a wave
file to be burned to a CD or just used as-is later. I downloaded a free
DJ program called Mixxx. Although it had impressive auto fade ins and
outs (using auto DJ function), I am unable to start auto fade at a preset
time for each song (in other words, I want to start the fade out process
at 1 min regardless of song length) nor does it have compression plugins.
Is there any other free alternatives that might have what I'm seeking? If
not, that's a lot of songs I am going to have to trim in my DAW, add
compression or limiting, and then feed into Mixxx. I just thought these
extra steps might be eliminated if the DJ program was sufficient. Thanks.

"Traktor DJ 2" is available for free now. It does run stand-alone = WITHOUT
the hardware controller, which can be used additionally, if one desires to.
I don´t know exactly, what it can do, but Traktor has been one of the
most-used DJ programs for years. So, there might be a slight chance, that
it´s sufficient for your needs.

Get it from he
https://www.native-instruments.com/e.../traktor-dj-2/

Otherwise, use a DAW or audio editor that meets your requirements.