Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison

Default Wireless systems

Hey all,
Here's the posish: we have a whole lot of sennheiser wireless kit
running around (microphones) in our church hall. We have a whole lot of
base stations, most of which operate in the same range of frequency.
Now, we have a little recording studio on the side where we record
verious things during meetings - in order to avoid the complicated
wiring, we have been using some of our 'spare' diversity recievers to
pick up the signal running from the wireless tie, hand and headmics.
The problem is that every time we buy new mics its kind of pot luck as
to the frequency range we will get. Is there anyone who makes diversity
recievers that have a wide UHF range so we could buy a whole load and
not worry about the transmitter range?

** I seriously doubt you will find any UHF *mic* receives where the
frequency range is wider than a few percent of the centre frequency. This
is a result of the RF stages having to work without frequency tuning over
the whole range the receiver is capable of.

For example, an 840 MHz Sennheiser receiver might operate over a 32 MHz
range or about 3.7 %.