Posted to rec.audio.pro
RickRyan.com

Default Anybody up on wireless in-ear monitor systems?

Very good point about the limiter. What I'm really after is some cheap
transmitter that can be put in place and left at this venue. I also
want something so that any of the other musicians can make use of it
without them having to come to me to borrow my receivers. I figured,
with FM, anybody can bring their walkman in with either their
custom-molded in-ears or some of the cheapies you get from the music
store (mine were $100) and it'll work. It sure is a lot better than
killing your ears with floor monitors and the sound's much better to
boot.

I'm looking to set this up at two different clubs where I work on a
regular basis. I found a unit that I ordered today
(http://mobileblackbox.com/content/view/31/54/) that has a 150+ ft
range and is less than a buck. BTW, I've been running my in-ear volume
really low so limiting hasn't been much of a concern so far. My ears
sure are better when I get home now.

www.TheReferralList.com