Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Wireless Microphone Systems

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 1/11/2019 9:58 PM, Les Cargill wrote:
Cellphones will top out at some point. The iPhone X isn't meeting
expectation. I'm starting to see some interest in things other than
cellphones and lots of people thinking we'd be better off not spending
so much time on them.

Note that Scott wrote "Cellphone services." What he's really talking
about (or should be) is "connected services."Â* I was at CES this week
and most everything bigger than a flashlight that I saw there was
"wireless-connected" which, when at home, is usually through a WiFi
router, but when away, involves the cellular network. And the promise of
5G is that so many more things can be connected than at present.

Yuck. So people will pay all that money for essentially... nothing.

But seriously - there's a distinct social media backlash going on.

That's where the appetite for more bandwidth comes from. And consumers
are too dumb to reject the concept of smart (because they're
"connected") devices.

Yeah, because a $30 wireless AP configured as a client is too hard...

--
Les Cargill