Hong

Default Replacing Tweeters for Proac 2.5

One of my friend's kids damaged my beloved Proac 2.5 speakers. Both
tweeters were so thoroughly pushed in that even after the suck-out by
vacuum cleaner they still leave wrinkles around the periphery.
Although they do play music ok, it is so disheartening and I have to
do something about it. I am contemplating the following options, and
any expert's advice will be appreciated:

1. Send them to Proac: Has anyone had experience with the repair
service with Proac in US? Is it possible at all and is the price
reasonable?

2. Replace the tweeters myself: It looks like the Scan-Speak tweeters
are quite popular so that I may be able to buy identical tweeters. If
I buy a pair (such as D2010/851300) and carefully replace them (with
soldering if needed), should I expect them to sound like a brand new
pair? Or is there any "expert's touch" necessary to fine-tune and
balance the units?

Or should I forget all that, cover up with the grills, and pretend as
if nothing happened? The tweeters are not ripped, and they still
sound reasonably good. How bad does a "wrinkled" tweeter get?

Thanks for the input to relieve my anxiety.

Hong