Posted to rec.audio.pro
Albert

Default Single CMC5/MK41 for micing an acoustic guitar?

wrote:
I'm at the point where I'm ready to buy. I'm getting the Great River
MP-2 preamp. Only thing is, I'm not sure yet whether my budget will
stretch to two Schoeps CMC5/MK41 mics. One is definitely possible.

This will be fed into a LynxOne soundcard. I vaguely remember someone
here (Ty Ford?) mentioning that a single well mic'd guitar can be a
wonderful thingWith this quality of signal chain, will I lose a lot by
recording using a single mic to begin with and then adding a second
when budget permits?

Are you considering recording with both the single Schoeps and the
stereo A-T mic? I'd be tempted to try it - maybe find a sweet spot for
the Schoeps a foot or 2 back, and the stereo mic behind it for
stereophony/ambience mixed in to taste. Will your rig permit this
otherwise in terms of preamps/converters?

Albert