Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford

Default Single CMC5/MK41 for micing an acoustic guitar?

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:00:54 -0500, wrote
(in article .com):

I'm at the point where I'm ready to buy. I'm getting the Great River
MP-2 preamp. Only thing is, I'm not sure yet whether my budget will
stretch to two Schoeps CMC5/MK41 mics. One is definitely possible.

This will be fed into a LynxOne soundcard. I vaguely remember someone
here (Ty Ford?) mentioning that a single well mic'd guitar can be a
wonderful thingWith this quality of signal chain, will I lose a lot by
recording using a single mic to begin with and then adding a second
when budget permits?

Thank you all for you advice so far. The group has been extremely
helpful.

Gerry Nelson

ps. Apart from its ability to use 12V and 48V, is there any reason to
go for the CMC6 amplifier instead?

I did mention that and it's been sworn to by several converts here since.

Yes the later model six has some extra RF rejection doodads.

Ty Ford

stuff are at
www.tyford.com