Posted to rec.audio.pro
itemyar

Default Analog Cassette tapes to CD

Thanks Bob, that's probably very good advice, and I should probably use my
Denon CDR-W1500 recorder, especially considering how much I paid for it, but
I find it very complicated to use and I like seeing all of the controls
right there on my computer screen, where they're easy to manipulate, and I
like to see what's going on.

"Walker" wrote in message

You can plug your turntable and cassette deck into your computer but the
simplest way is to use an analog CD recorder and hook it into your
receiver to record from cassettes, vinyl or whatever else is hooked up.
Recording a CD is as simple as putting in a blank disc and setting the
input source. You can manually add track numbers in real time by pressing
a button at the appropriate time or you can edit the track(s) on your
computer and then record them back to an audio CD. It beats the hell out
of tying up your computer for capturing even if you edit on the computer
later. You don't have to drag a cassette deck or turntable over to the
computer every time that you want to make a CD. It's a double deck and can
also duplicate CDs or compile mix CDs from multiple CDs. I use it as the
main CD deck in my home audio system and the double CD deck can be run in
DJ mode to run continuous music. Sony makes one for $270.00 and I'm sure
that there are cheaper ones. I'm using a Phillips that I've had for 8
years and it's still running smooth after recording hundreds of CDs.

Bob Walker