Arny Krueger

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message

What exactly is the difference in the input stages between Phono and
Aux for regular stereo receivers?

Phono inputs have far more gain, and also have frequency-dependent gain to
compensate for the recorded characteristics of the LP

Aux inputs have far less gain, and have nearly flat frequency response.

Will I damage my speakers if I connect an Xbox to the phono inputs?

It should sound pretty weird - very loud and bass-heavy.

I only have one Aux and that is being used by the cable box.

Use an external switch to connect more than one source to one of your Aux
inputs.