Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre

Default Unknown rectifier?

Tonni wrote:
Hi Patrick!

You're quite right! - Pure po.. :-)

- By the way. She's 15.5 cm. tall, and some beautifull figures...

There's a little quriousity in "her". "She's" a halfwave rectifier!
( only 3 connections out of the tube )
I guess the dual system is made to keep the sice of the bottle to a
minimum...

Have a friend Who's been collecing tubes for 40 years, and he has'nt seen
one before...
Another friend has been a radioamateur for just as long, and he has'nt
either.

So...

Best regards
Tonni

Hi Tonni

I had been looking before but hesitated to answer because what
I found was a halfwave rectifier.
Now that you confirm this I am 99% positive in:

What you have is a Philips, 4686
It is mentioned in part 2 of the Dutch version of the Philips book
"electronenbuizen" ( electrontubes ) in a table on page 304
as a Rectifiertube for "amplifier installations"

Kathode 4V - 1,3A
Vmax 1000V Imax 75mA
Size ( without pins ) 145 x 60mm
Pinout is not hard to find out

Unfortunately this is all I could find.
But the support inside the tube that is visible on your picture
is also found in other Philips tubes of the same age and model.

Andre